Collagen is a naturally occurring protein in the human body that provides structure and support to skin, hair, nails, bones, and joints. As we age, our body’s collagen production decreases, leading to the signs of aging like wrinkles, sagging skin, and joint discomfort. To combat these symptoms, many people turn to collagen supplements in the form of powders, pills, or creams. However, not all collagen supplements are created equal. One of the newest and most effective forms of collagen supplementation is liposomal collagen.
What is Liposomal Collagen?
Liposomal collagen is a new type of collagen supplement that encapsulates collagen molecules in tiny liposomes or lipid spheres. These liposomes protect the collagen from being broken down in the digestive system, allowing for better absorption and utilization by the body. Liposomal collagen has a much higher bioavailability than traditional collagen supplements, meaning more collagen gets into your system and can have a greater impact on your skin and overall health.
Benefits of Liposomal Collagen
Supports Skin Health
One of the main benefits of liposomal collagen is its ability to improve skin health. Collagen provides structure and support to the skin, and as we age, our natural collagen production decreases, leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. By taking liposomal collagen supplements you can help replenish your body’s collagen levels, which can improve the overall appearance and health of your skin.
Reduces Signs of Aging
Oral ingestion of collagen has been shown to reduce the signs of aging, including wrinkles and fine lines. Collagen also increases skin moisture and elasticity. This is because collagen provides the skin with structure and support, which can help improve its overall elasticity and appearance.
Supports Wound Healing
Collagen is an important component of wound healing. An adequate amount of collagen needs to be available for proper wound repair and strength. A clinical study of 42 individuals with surgical or other wounds showed better wound healing with supplementation of collagen peptides, compared to participants who took a placebo.
Supports Joint Health
Collagen is also important for joint health. By providing structure and support to the joints, collagen can help bolster joint health as we age, as natural collagen production decreases with age, which can lead to leading to joint discomfort and stiffness. Supplementing with collagen can support joint structures and reduce occasional discomfort.
Optimizes Digestive Health
Liposomal collagen has also been shown to improve digestive health. Collagen is an important component of the digestive system. A clinical study demonstrated improved digestive function, with less bloating while taking collagen. So, by taking liposomal collagen supplements, you can help replenish your body’s collagen levels, which can optimize digestive health and reduce the risk of common digestive issues.
How to take Liposomal Collagen
Liposomal collagen is available in liquid form, making it easy to take and absorb. Simply mix one serving into a glass of water or your favorite drink and consume it daily. It is recommended to take liposomal collagen supplements daily to see the best results.
Liposomal collagen is the ultimate solution for skin health and anti-aging. With its high bioavailability and numerous health benefits, it is the best way to replenish your body’s collagen levels and improve your overall health and appearance. Whether you’re looking to reduce the signs of aging, support joint health, enhance wound healing, or optimize digestive health, liposomal collagen is the perfect solution. Whether you’re looking to combat the signs of aging, or just want to improve your overall health, liposomal collagen is a safe, effective, and convenient solution. So why wait? Start taking liposomal collagen today and experience the numerous benefits for yourself!
- Al-Atif H. Collagen supplements for aging and wrinkles: a paradigm shift in the field of dermatology and cosmetics. Dermatol Pract Concept. Published online February 2, 2022:e2022018. doi:10.5826/dpc.1201a18
- Sibilla S, Borumand M. Effects of a nutritional supplement containing collagen peptides on skin elasticity, hydration and wrinkles. J Med Nutr Nutraceut. 2015;4(1):47. doi:10.4103/2278-019X.146161
- de Miranda RB, Weimer P, Rossi RC. Effects of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation on skin aging: a systematic review and meta‐analysis. Int J Dermatology. 2021;60(12):1449-1461. doi:10.1111/ijd.15518
- Inoue N, Sugihara F, Wang X. Ingestion of bioactive collagen hydrolysates enhance facial skin moisture and elasticity and reduce facial ageing signs in a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled clinical study: Collagen enhances skin properties. J Sci Food Agric. 2016;96(12):4077-4081. doi:10.1002/jsfa.7606
- Miller AL, MacKay D. Nutritional support for wound healing. Altern Med Rev 2003;8(4): 359-377.
- Knefeli, HC, Durani . Improved wound healing oral application of specific bioactive collagen peptides. Nutrafoods, 2017;1: 9-12. https://doi.org/10.17470/NF-017-1031-1.
- Clark KL, Sebastianelli W, Flechsenhar KR, et al. 24-Week study on the use of collagen hydrolysate as a dietary supplement in athletes with activity-related joint pain. Current Medical Research and Opinion. 2008;24(5):1485-1496. doi:10.1185/030079908X291967
- Abrahams M, O’Grady R, Prawitt J. Effect of daily collagen peptide supplement on digestive symptoms in healthy women: 2-phase mixed methods study. JMIR Form Res 2022;6(5):e36339